I did some work for Zed in its “heyday.” It mostly involved unfucking their revised Web site. I visited the CBC Vancouver bunker and talked a mile a minute in the pale-cranberry-red nerdbox where Zedders toiled. I then proceeded to get so lost finding my way out of the place I had to ask Ian Hanomansing for directions. I shit you not.
My esteemed colleague there (take a wild guess who) recently agreed to answer some questions about this late, lamented show, but never actually bothered, even after repeated nagging and hollow promises. What were the questions?
- Why – really – did they shitcan Zed?
- Zed was “YouTube for artfags.” Discuss.
- What did the punters really expect was going to happen after they uploaded their “art”? Like Lana Turner getting discovered while she nursed a soda at the drugstore counter?
- How many things were you prevented from doing for the reason that, try as you might, you couldn’t get CBC managers to understand them?
- The last hostess sucked and was, in fact, widely despised. The Adilmans should have gotten the gig. Discuss.
- Be honest: How many of these uploaded video pieces really did work better on the “big” screen of television?
- What were the other candidate titles for the show apart from Zed, and who the hell decided to capitalize the D?